Improvements and fixesThu, Mar 31 2022
- Fixed processing older tasks. 'Time to execute' is honoured.
- GP010: Filtering on 'Time to execute' has been added/works now.
- Implemented ESC-key in detail-view or data entry. When the user presses ESC, (s)he is returned to the list-view, except while adding a new record.
- Tasks that have not been executed, for whatever reason, and are older than 'today', are now automatically removed, to prevent them to be executed, because the tasks' context was yesterday, not today.
- GP001 improvement with numbering the next key in the auto-complete dropdown menu.
- Under the hood improvements.
Various changes and additionsMon, Feb 28 2022
- In GP004 or MD007, the 'Default Menu' button is now greyed out when there is no default menu defined.
A default menu can be defined in GP006, by using keys with prefix 'DFTMNU' followed by something you fancy, for example 'DTMNU10', 'DTMNU20', etc..
The alphanumeric field should contain only the name of the application, like 'gp006', and the numeric field should contain the sequence number for the order of the menu items.
- Added a 'Clear search fields' icon-button in list view, next to the 'Search' button.
- CSS changes for improved mobile display.
- For Excel exports, now we can define which names to use for column headings: the long or short ones.
- Added a password generator icon-button in MD005 next to the password field.
- Added an improved password tester to MD005, so a user can only use a good and strong password.
- Added 'Kind of customer' to MD000. You can choose from 'An own company', 'Customer', 'Supplier', 'Both (C & S)' or 'Other'. If you do not have this, or something similar, in your implementation, and you want it, contact me for a quote.
- Various under the hood changes and fixes.
Improvements, fixes and updatesFri, Jan 28 2022
- Added parameter 'DEFAULTCOUNTRY' to GP006. It should be filled with a 2-character ISO country code, like 'NL', 'DE', 'BE', etc.. It is currently implemented in GP008, GP011, GP014, MD000 and MD001. If it does not seem to work with your implementation, your applications haven't been updated. Contact me to get a quote, if you want this.
- Exporting multi-line text to Excel, now results in each line in its own row. If you want the old functionality back, let me know.
- Now that all sites use HTTPS, I have implemented secure cookies . This ensures that you can only login via HTTPS.
- Auto-complete on tags in GP009, to make it easier to quickly add existing tags, without having to guess how they're named.
- Under the hood updates and fixes.
Additions and changesThu, Dec 23 2021
- NEW: Introducing background images. You can now add a background image to your WDF/BA:
In GP006, add a key 'BKGIMAGES', and in the text area, add links to images, each link on a new line.
The display of the background images is spread over 24 hours, in the following manner: for example, when you added 4 links, you have link 0, 1, 2 and 3 :
int(current hour / (24 / number of links)) = int(15 / (24 / 4)) = int(15 / 6) = int(2,5) = 2, which means it will use link number 3.
This way, you can have special images for the morning, midday, afternoon, evening and night.
- Improved local development and test environment by installing local HTTPS and DNS .
- Changed the general log level from 9 to 7. Changed the log level of reading data for list views to 9 for interactive mode and 2 when exporting. This change will massively reduce the number log-entries.
- GP004: Renamed it to MD007, which is a better place for it. This is implemented by default for new customers, and for existing customers who do already have an MD007 for something else.
- GP009: Improved auto-complete on the tags field.
- MD000: Added 'copy a record'-mode. This is implemented by default for new customers, and for existing customers who need it.
- MD001: Added a TagEditor to the 'Location type' field. This is implemented by default for new customers, and for existing customers who need it.
- Many CSS and under the hood fixes and updates, including removing or replacing PHP 8.1 deprecations. The final move to PHP 8.1 for the production servers, is planned to be done in April/May 2022
Various improvements and changesFri, Oct 29 2021
- GP000: Improved search on record-ID; you can now use '%' to limit the search, for example 100000% lists all records starting with 100000.
- Replaced deprecated PHP code with new syntax.
- Hide hamburger menu when user has only access to just one application.
- GP009: E-mail address priorities changed to '1', '2', '3', 'CC' and 'No'. Priorities 1-3 places the email address in that order in an email. CC places the address into the CC-field, regardless the order. 'No' means not to use the email address.
- Removed the 'for SDS82-only' restriction in GP001, GP003, GP005 (changed to 'view-only'), GP007 (changed to 'view-only' when not role 'Admin'), GP008 and GP011.
SMS, tags, password, multi-deleteSun, Sep 26 2021
- Introducing sending of SMS messages into the framework. It supports MessageBird and Clickatell. If you use our software, and have another SMS-provider you want to put to use, contact me.
- MD002/5: Improved mobile phone number check.
- MD005: Added a password checker: checks for enough differentiation, repeating characters, etc., and some CSS for the 'bad password' notification.
- GP009: Complete overhaul. Now uses tags, can set email address priority.
- Introduced 'multi-delete' in list-view. This is not something I will automatically added to all existing apps, you have to contact me about an app that doesn't have it, and you want it there. Multi-delete, if present, can be switched on or off via the DELCHKBOX variable. See my older post about setting variables via GP006. If off, the normal delete-icon will be shown, otherwise a checkbox, or switch-toggle.
- Various other under the hood fixes and updates.
Various changes and additionsTue, Aug 31 2021
- Under the hood changes and updates
- Better interactive feedback when buttons are clicked, by adding a 'processing' image to, or replacing, the button's text or icon:
- Added the SwitchStateButton to the framework.
- Logout fix when a timeout occurred.
- Added a short product code for use in the webbrowsers tab-title.
- Limited data entry length on input fields to prevent hacking via various methods.
- Added the possibility of sending SMS messages into the farmework, via MessageBird (preferred) or Clickatell.
- Added <noscript> tag.
- Improved persistent mobile detection while switching screens and/or applications.
- Improved the browser tab title: diesplay 'test' when you are working in your test environment. Also, you can now determine the browser tab title yourself, via GP006, key 'BROWSERTAB' (create it when not there). The first character in the text field determines the title, so you can copy/paste the text below into the text field :
T = Application Title
S = Short code
P or different = Product name
Various changes and additionsWed, Jul 14 2021
- Distinguish logging when user logs out manually or is logged out automatically.
- Timeout off when not logged in and not in MD005W.
- Improved logging: data before and after an insert, update or delete are now saved in one JSON string; makes it easy to compare.
- Various under the hood changes.
Various changes and additionsThu, Jun 24 2021
- Various under the hood changes and bug fixes.
- Added a modal 'Processing' dialog for interactive processes that might take a while.
- MD005: Added a link next to the username, to the menu editor GP004/MD007
- I did a hacking course and harnessed the framework some more to prevent hacking.
- GP014: Get GPS coordinates via Google, and store them in the distance table. If you want to use this functionality with other addresses, contact me for a quote.
Various changes and additionsMon, May 03 2021
- Better modal confirmation dialog positioning.
- You can now set application variables via GP006. I advise against it, unless you are sure that you know what you want. Here is a list with variables you can set:
- LOGLEVEL: 0 through 9. The lower the number, the less message are logged.
- EXTRAWIDTH: In pixels; to widen the content area.
- EXPORT: 0 or 1; allow Excel/CSV-export.
- EXPORTTYPE: 'csv', 'txt' or 'xls' (without the quotes).
- EXPORTUSELABELS: 0, 1 or 2; 0 = no column headings, 1 = Short text, 2 = Long text
- EXPORTHEADER: 0 or 1; Exports information about the app and the date in the first 3 lines.
- EXPORTFILENAME: Set the file name for the export. If not set, it defaults to PRODUCTNAME_APPNAME_DATETIME.ext
- EXPORTSEPARATOR: Only valid for non-XLS exports. The column separator to use. If not set, a tab (.txt) or a semicolon (.csv) is used.
- NODUPLICATEBTN: 0 or 1; enable or disable the 'copy record' button in list-view.
- NONEWBTN: 0 or 1; enable or disable the 'Add new' button.
- NOHELPBTN: 0 or 1; enable or disable the 'Help' button.
- DELCHKBOX: 0 or 1; enable or disable the 'multi-delete' feature in list-view. Note: not all apps have this 'multi-delete'-feature implemented. If you find an app where you need it, and it hasn't this feature, contact me for a quote.
- SQLLIMITENTRY: 0 or 1; enable or disable the 'Results per page' entry field in the footer.
Nov 2022 (1)
Oct 2022 (1)
Sep 2022 (1)
Aug 2022 (1)
Jul 2022 (2)
Jun 2022 (1)
May 2022 (1)
Apr 2022 (1)
Mar 2022 (1)
Feb 2022 (1)
Jan 2022 (1)
Dec 2021 (1)
Oct 2021 (1)
Sep 2021 (1)
Aug 2021 (1)
Jul 2021 (1)
Jun 2021 (1)
May 2021 (1)
Apr 2021 (1)
Jan 2021 (1)
Dec 2020 (1)
Nov 2020 (2)
Oct 2020 (1)
Sep 2020 (6)
Aug 2020 (4)
Jul 2020 (4)
Jun 2020 (7)
May 2020 (4)
Apr 2020 (3)
Feb 2020 (3)