Various updates and improvementsFri, Mar 31 2023
- Moved common used code into a separate include file.
- Time-entry icon is only shown in Edit-mode.
- VAT-code array now uses DEFAULTCOUNTRY from GP006. If not found, it will use the user's country.
- VAT-percentages are now read from the country-table (GP007).
- Various other fixes and improvements.
SetEXIFData 10.1Thu, Mar 30 2023
A new version of SetEXIFData is now available:
(29 March 2023)
For older version changes, look here
- - Alas, version 10 is a paid upgrade, sorry. To purchase a new serial number for v10, simply click the button 'Buy with Paddle'.
- - If you donated after October, 2022, you do not need to purchase a serial number; you will receive a new serial number for free in the coming days; if not, contact me.
- - The trial limit of 5 photos or movies has been changed to 0. You can try the app, but it will not modify your image or movie files. You will need a serial number to enable that.
- - When you have purchased a serial number, your number of activations is now limitied to 5 computers and checked over the internet. How many activations are left, can be seen in the 'About...'-window. Contact me if you need more activations.
- - You can use CMD-W to close a preview window.
- - You can select and delete multiple rows from the list. Use SHIFT and/or COMMAND keys to select rows.
- - To open a preview-window, you now have to double-click a line.
- - To open multiple previews at once, select multiple lines and press COMMAND-O.
- - Added Google JSON import for EXIF data. If you drag images exported from Google onto the window, the JSON file should exist in the same folder, as named by Google: '[image-name].jpg.json'. SetEXIFData will use 'description', 'photoTakenTime' and 'geoDataExif' from the JSON file.
- - Added the use of 'libraw' as a 'dcraw' replacement. Install 'libraw' via 'homebrew' (https://brew.sh/): brew install libraw. Choose what runs on your system, SetEXIFData will look for 'libraw' tools first.
- - Added the use of 'ffmpeg' for generating movie preview thumbnails. Install 'ffmpeg' via 'homebrew' (https://brew.sh/): brew install ffmpeg.
- - Added 'x of y' files to the notifications.
- - The file list scrolls up while processing, as visual feedback that the app is doing something.
- - Updated the version-check to Xojo's latest URLConnection-class.
- - Reading of files with special characters (/, ç, ü, etc.) is improved.
- - Changed the text field into a listbox.
- - Repositioned and changed the 'Presets' popup menus. They now leave the chosen or created preset visible as long as you don't change anything.
- - The 'Elevation' is now saved in the 'Geotag preset' too.
- - The Preview image now scales to the width of initial width of its canvas. It does not scale when resizing the window.
- - To modify the Finder-dates, '/usr/bin/getfileinfo' is now used, when it is installed. If so, it should be kept up-to-date!
- - When using 'Retrieve Date/Time from EXIF date', the application would crash on EXIF fields without a time, like 'DateCreated'.
- - Reading / writing a file path containing double quotes with 'setfile' and 'getfileinfo' has been fixed.
- - Duplicate paths (including the file name) are immediately removed from the file list.
- - File names with multipe dots in their names, are processed correctly when used for 'Auto-fill'.
- - Creating thumbnails from RAW images with spaces and special characters in their file names has been fixed.
- - Adding/Subtracting from ContentCreateDate and CreationDate in movie files has been fixed.
Updates, improvements, fixes, etc.Tue, Feb 28 2023
- UI improvements for subfiles: title bar, field rows...
- UI improvements for list view: aligning buttons, background colors, ...
- Added VAT/ST-tiers to GP007, with 'Valid from'-date.
- Updated the countries table with regions and states, for example: 'US-AK' for Alaska, USA; 'CA-AB' for Alberta, Canada; 'IT-21' for Piemonte, Italy; etc.. Applications and database tables have been updated accordingly to accomodate for the longer country codes.
- You can now add translated country names in GP001. This will then show the country's name in the selected WDF/BA language.
- Searching in GP008 was standard with wildcards around the entered text. To speed up the search, this has been removed. If you want to search in 'contains'-mode, add a '%'-sign before the value you're searching for: '%nl'
- Stopped logging data that was never look at, and so save some disk space.
- In drop down menus with a search field, the search is now 'contains'-mode, instead of 'begins with'-mode.
- Loading text labels is faster. The underlying query to look for text in the current language has been improved.
- MD003 and its tables have been removed. An 10 year old idea, but never developed any further.
- Various code improvements and small bug fixes.
Changes, additions and updatesTue, Jan 31 2023
- Faster searching on the date in GP000, PFD000 and PFD001.
- Added the name, and a description, of the cron job to GP002.
- GP002 now also shows if the job is actually running or not, by showing a red number next to Yes/No in column 'Running'.
- Added a function 'mv_checkVATID', which checks a VAT-ID format and then at VIES.
- Added the hostname to the HEAD section of each app.
- Added a 'Log All' switch, which overrides the log level when on a development server, or for a super user on any server.
- Added Chamber of Commerce, Bank data and Payment Term to MD001, and removed it from MD000, where applicable.
- Moved variables used in both interactive and batch applications into a single file.
- Added system variable 'DEFAULTCOUNTRY' (GP006) to GP008, GP011, GP014, MD000 and MD001.
- Added currency data (name, abbreviation, symbol, decimal separator) to countries (GP007).
- Added currency variables, which are read from 'countries', initially with variable 'DEFAULTCOUNTRY'.
- Formatting masks are now formatted after reading currency data.
- Added VAT or GST data (type, high/middle/low %, valid from date) to countries (GP007).
- Added a new function 'mv_generateSerialNumber' to generate a serial number that can be en-/decoded in PHP and Xojo (and other languages if needed).
- Changed database tables and columns from latin1 to utf8. All tables and columns are now utf8.
- Various CSS and Code improvements, and bug fixes.
Changes and updatesSat, Dec 31 2022
- Created better webbrowser-tab-titles.
- New masks to display numbers and amounts.
- Added extra currency defaults: $s_CURRENCYxxxx.
- Removed the SDS82-only restriction on GP000/2/5/7, GP010, MD000/1/2/5/6/7.
- New: Introducing a licensing model. If you want to sell your WDF/BA product, in according with our policies, you can now use a license code for your customers. When the license expires, their WDF/BA implementation cannot be used anymore, until they renew via you. License keys are maintained in GP006 and the customer's implementation calls the license-API to check for a valid license.
- Changed the standard upcase function into a multi-byte capable upcase function. This ensures ü is upcased to Ü, ñ to Ñ, etc.. This is done only for customers running PHP v7 or higher.
- Introduced 'excluded keys' for GP006. For excluded keys, separate GP006-variants exist, especially tailored for a specific type of key. With excluded-keys, you cannot change the data of these keys via GP006.
- Corrected various Help-texts.
- Code improvements.
Changes, updates and improvementsWed, Nov 30 2022
- Added CSS classes '...gray' next to '...grey' to avoid UK/US typos.
- Added server check for (not) displaying the SSL logo.
- If an app is started from the URL-bar:
- default date values are now added correctly.
- default sort column is applied correctly
- Added default date of today for GP000.
- New: expiration date and/or period for user profiles. After a given date, or a number of days since last login, or both, the user profile expires and the user cannot login anymore. An admin-user must set a new date, reset last login or allow for a longer period.
- Encryption default permanently changed from 'BF-CFB' to 'aes-256-ctr'.
- Various code and speed improvements.
Various improvementsMon, Oct 31 2022
- Moved the config file and document folder outside the webroot into WDF/BA's own directory structure. This is done for almost all customers that host with us.
- Changed the uppercase function in apps that use it, into the multi-byte version. This transfroms ü correctly to Ü.
- Improved the check on which server (DEV, VOS, ANU, LOCAL) the application is running.
Improvements and changesFri, Sep 30 2022
- Timeout of application and 2FA: when logged in via 2FA, the application now times out after 12 hours of inactivity. Note: this can be overridden by the web browser, which can put the inactive tab or window to 'sleep', which means that nothing runs on that page anymore, until it is activated again.
- Improved the Google GPS API call & GP014: remove cq. replace UTF-16 characters or certain ranges of extended UTF-8 characters from a street name.
- GP000: Improved search on short dates/times, like '2022-09-12 05'.
- GP010: Widened the text display of the task description.
A change and a fixWed, Aug 31 2022
- Improved CSS for subfiles
- Fixed a problem with wrong column formatting in certain situations with Excel-exports.
Various changes and fixesSun, Jul 31 2022
- Preparations to replace the current encryption method to a more modern one.
- New: Using <, >, =, <=, >= in search fields in list view is now available. If you want this, contact me with the applications and in which column(s) you would like to have this functionality.
- Improved the Google GPS API call.
- Add ALT-ENTER to TEXTAREAs.
- Added user-specific 2FA-type in MD005. If you do not have 2FA enabled, but want it, contact me for a quote.
- Blocked deletion of your own profile in MD005.
- Improved CSS with dropdown menus. The highlight border would often hide itself behind input fields below it.
- Improved CSS on mobile devices with multiple select input fields.
- Various under the hood improvements and fixes in GP000, GP010, a.o.
Mac OS X
Aug 2023 (2)
Jul 2023 (1)
May 2023 (3)
Apr 2023 (3)
Mar 2023 (2)
Feb 2023 (1)
Jan 2023 (1)
Dec 2022 (1)
Nov 2022 (1)
Oct 2022 (1)
Sep 2022 (1)
Aug 2022 (1)
Jul 2022 (2)
Jun 2022 (1)
May 2022 (1)
Apr 2022 (1)
Mar 2022 (1)
Feb 2022 (1)
Jan 2022 (1)
Dec 2021 (1)
Oct 2021 (1)
Sep 2021 (1)
Aug 2021 (1)
Jul 2021 (1)
Jun 2021 (1)
May 2021 (1)
Apr 2021 (1)
Jan 2021 (1)
Dec 2020 (1)
Nov 2020 (2)
Oct 2020 (1)
Sep 2020 (6)
Aug 2020 (4)
Jul 2020 (4)
Jun 2020 (7)
May 2020 (4)
Apr 2020 (3)
Feb 2020 (3)