We moved to a new DRBD High Availability solutionSun, Jul 17 2022
An alle unsere Kunden:Gestern Abend gegen 22:00 Uhr sind wir von unserer CentOS 8 Stream-Skript-H/A-Lösung auf eine modernere, Low-Level-H/A-Lösung auf Fedora OS umgestiegen, die DRBD (Distributed Replicated Block Device) genannt wird.
To all our customers:
Yesterday evening around 22:00h we moved from our CentOS 8 Stream scripted H/A solution, to a more modern, low level H/A solution, on Fedora OS, called DRBD (Distributed Replicated Block Device).
Despite this quite secure H/A solution, we still have a separate database replication running, and still make daily and hourly backups of your databases, and also an offline backup of your files. Just to be on the safe side.
With this major operation, one big change has occurred, of which you will be emailed separately: the IP-address has changed. We are routing the old IP-address to the new IP-address, including the necessary ports until end of September. This will give you enough time to change your A-records in your domain's DNS Zone file and (S)FTP connections to the new IP-address.
Aan al onze klanten:
Gisteravond rond 22:00 uur zijn we overgestapt van onze CentOS 8 Stream scripted H/A-oplossing, naar een modernere, low-level H/A-oplossing, op Fedora OS, genaamd DRBD (Distributed Replicated Block Device).
Ondanks deze vrij veilige H/A-oplossing, hebben we nog steeds een aparte database-replicatie draaien, en maken we nog steeds dagelijks en elk uur back-ups van uw databases, en tevens een offline back-up van uw bestanden. Voor de zekerheid.
Met deze grote operatie heeft er één grote verandering plaatsgevonden, waarvan u apart wordt gemaild: het IP-adres is gewijzigd. We routeren het oude IP-adres naar het nieuwe IP-adres, inclusief de benodigde poorten tot eind September. Dit geeft u voldoende tijd om uw A-records in het DNS Zone-bestand van uw domein en (S)FTP-verbindingen naar het nieuwe IP-adres te wijzigen.
Improvements and fixesThu, Jun 30 2022
- Added a confirmation dialog to the multi-delete functionality. Now you have to confirm that you really want to delete the selected records. This of course works only in applications where mukti-delete is activated.
- Preparations to replace the current encryption method to a more modern one. This is necessary because of the move from CentOS Stream to Fedora 36, which gives a totally different results with the now called 'legacy' encryption method. This change had an impact on all interactive applications, and, depending on the customer, some batch applications.
- Improved the Google Distance Calculator API call.
- Excel exports now keeps the contents of a multi-line text field together in one cell, where applicable.
- Various under the hood improvements and fixes.
Additions, fixes and changesTue, May 31 2022
- GP014: New! CO2 emission calculation added. To comply with new regulations, you can now see how much CO2 will be output for a certain from/to address combo. The mean emission value per 100 Km can be set in GP006, by adding a key named 'GEMCO2' and give it a numeric value for the emission in Kg per Km. The formula to calculate the mean value is:
((Liter/100 Km * Kg(C + O2)) / 100)
With a mean value of 2,392 Kg per 100 Km, and a usage of 8 liters gasoline for 100 Km, the formula becomes:
((8 * 2.392) / 100) = 0,19136 Kg per Km
Source: wijkopenautos.nl magazine
- New! A Two Factor Authentication (2FA) module can now be added to your implementation of WDF/BA. It can do 2FA via email and/or text messages (regular SMS). For use with email, you will need an email address + all settings (username, password, mail server, ports) which needs to be configured in WDF/BA to send emails with. For SMS, you wil need an subscription with an SMS provider. WDF/BA 2FA module currently supports MessageBird and Clickatell for sending via SMS. If you want, or need, 2FA for your business, contact me for a quote.
- Added 'scroll into view', which scrolls the list view page to the last examined record, if known to the application. The last examined record has a light blue background.
- Added a new file name cleaning function to clean the names of uploaded files. The following characters are:
- replaced : ü by u, ç by c, etc. if possible.
- removed : all non-ascii characters
- removed : "'~`;:\/()
- replaced by a - : &
- replaced by a _ : spaces
- Added Excel / CSV export for TinyMCE text data. Images will not be exported, only text.
- Improved height calculation of text areas.
- Various under the hood improvements and fixes.
Various changes and additionsFri, Apr 29 2022
- MD007 / GP004 : Renumber menu-items in steps of 10. Above the sequence number column is a button to renumber the items, so it easier to put items between others.
- ALT-/OPT-ENTER/-RETURN Key: Added a shortcut to quickly focus on the 'Add' or 'Update' button, by using ALT-ENTER/-RETURN or OPTION-ENTER/-RETURN.
- Under the hood changes and fixes for PHP 8.1.5
Improvements and fixesThu, Mar 31 2022
- Fixed processing older tasks. 'Time to execute' is honoured.
- GP010: Filtering on 'Time to execute' has been added/works now.
- Implemented ESC-key in detail-view or data entry. When the user presses ESC, (s)he is returned to the list-view, except while adding a new record.
- Tasks that have not been executed, for whatever reason, and are older than 'today', are now automatically removed, to prevent them to be executed, because the tasks' context was yesterday, not today.
- GP001 improvement with numbering the next key in the auto-complete dropdown menu.
- Under the hood improvements.
Various changes and additionsMon, Feb 28 2022
- In GP004 or MD007, the 'Default Menu' button is now greyed out when there is no default menu defined.
A default menu can be defined in GP006, by using keys with prefix 'DFTMNU' followed by something you fancy, for example 'DTMNU10', 'DTMNU20', etc..
The alphanumeric field should contain only the name of the application, like 'gp006', and the numeric field should contain the sequence number for the order of the menu items.
- Added a 'Clear search fields' icon-button in list view, next to the 'Search' button.
- CSS changes for improved mobile display.
- For Excel exports, now we can define which names to use for column headings: the long or short ones.
- Added a password generator icon-button in MD005 next to the password field.
- Added an improved password tester to MD005, so a user can only use a good and strong password.
- Added 'Kind of customer' to MD000. You can choose from 'An own company', 'Customer', 'Supplier', 'Both (C & S)' or 'Other'. If you do not have this, or something similar, in your implementation, and you want it, contact me for a quote.
- Various under the hood changes and fixes.
Improvements, fixes and updatesFri, Jan 28 2022
- Added parameter 'DEFAULTCOUNTRY' to GP006. It should be filled with a 2-character ISO country code, like 'NL', 'DE', 'BE', etc.. It is currently implemented in GP008, GP011, GP014, MD000 and MD001. If it does not seem to work with your implementation, your applications haven't been updated. Contact me to get a quote, if you want this.
- Exporting multi-line text to Excel, now results in each line in its own row. If you want the old functionality back, let me know.
- Now that all sites use HTTPS, I have implemented secure cookies . This ensures that you can only login via HTTPS.
- Auto-complete on tags in GP009, to make it easier to quickly add existing tags, without having to guess how they're named.
- Under the hood updates and fixes.
Additions and changesThu, Dec 23 2021
- NEW: Introducing background images. You can now add a background image to your WDF/BA:
In GP006, add a key 'BKGIMAGES', and in the text area, add links to images, each link on a new line.
The display of the background images is spread over 24 hours, in the following manner: for example, when you added 4 links, you have link 0, 1, 2 and 3 :
int(current hour / (24 / number of links)) = int(15 / (24 / 4)) = int(15 / 6) = int(2,5) = 2, which means it will use link number 3.
This way, you can have special images for the morning, midday, afternoon, evening and night.
- Improved local development and test environment by installing local HTTPS and DNS .
- Changed the general log level from 9 to 7. Changed the log level of reading data for list views to 9 for interactive mode and 2 when exporting. This change will massively reduce the number log-entries.
- GP004: Renamed it to MD007, which is a better place for it. This is implemented by default for new customers, and for existing customers who do already have an MD007 for something else.
- GP009: Improved auto-complete on the tags field.
- MD000: Added 'copy a record'-mode. This is implemented by default for new customers, and for existing customers who need it.
- MD001: Added a TagEditor to the 'Location type' field. This is implemented by default for new customers, and for existing customers who need it.
- Many CSS and under the hood fixes and updates, including removing or replacing PHP 8.1 deprecations. The final move to PHP 8.1 for the production servers, is planned to be done in April/May 2022
Various improvements and changesFri, Oct 29 2021
- GP000: Improved search on record-ID; you can now use '%' to limit the search, for example 100000% lists all records starting with 100000.
- Replaced deprecated PHP code with new syntax.
- Hide hamburger menu when user has only access to just one application.
- GP009: E-mail address priorities changed to '1', '2', '3', 'CC' and 'No'. Priorities 1-3 places the email address in that order in an email. CC places the address into the CC-field, regardless the order. 'No' means not to use the email address.
- Removed the 'for SDS82-only' restriction in GP001, GP003, GP005 (changed to 'view-only'), GP007 (changed to 'view-only' when not role 'Admin'), GP008 and GP011.
SMS, tags, password, multi-deleteSun, Sep 26 2021
- Introducing sending of SMS messages into the framework. It supports MessageBird and Clickatell. If you use our software, and have another SMS-provider you want to put to use, contact me.
- MD002/5: Improved mobile phone number check.
- MD005: Added a password checker: checks for enough differentiation, repeating characters, etc., and some CSS for the 'bad password' notification.
- GP009: Complete overhaul. Now uses tags, can set email address priority.
- Introduced 'multi-delete' in list-view. This is not something I will automatically added to all existing apps, you have to contact me about an app that doesn't have it, and you want it there. Multi-delete, if present, can be switched on or off via the DELCHKBOX variable. See my older post about setting variables via GP006. If off, the normal delete-icon will be shown, otherwise a checkbox, or switch-toggle.
- Various other under the hood fixes and updates.
Jun 2022 (1)
May 2022 (1)
Apr 2022 (1)
Mar 2022 (1)
Feb 2022 (1)
Jan 2022 (1)
Dec 2021 (1)
Oct 2021 (1)
Sep 2021 (1)
Aug 2021 (1)
Jul 2021 (1)
Jun 2021 (1)
May 2021 (1)
Apr 2021 (1)
Jan 2021 (1)
Dec 2020 (1)
Nov 2020 (2)
Oct 2020 (1)
Sep 2020 (6)
Aug 2020 (4)
Jul 2020 (4)
Jun 2020 (7)
May 2020 (4)
Apr 2020 (3)
Feb 2020 (3)